Facebook event page
Construction Safety Association of Manitoba
1447 Waverley Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 0P7
Your Construction Safety Association of Manitoba (CSAM) is offering a new, skills-based full-day course, Substance Abuse — What Supervisors Need to Know, in Winnipeg & Brandon, MB.
Instructed by Joel Gervais, Addictions and Training Specialist with Vital Life Inc. – a proud member of the CBI Health Group, this course is designed to offer leaders in the workplace an overview of the safety concerns associated with substance abuse and mental health in the workplace.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
• explore the impact of substance abuse and mental health in the workplace;
• identify common drugs of abuse;
• identify the link between mental health and substance abuse;
• identify possible signs of a problem in the workplace;
• explore their roles and responsibilities as it relates to intervention in the workplace;
• identify the consequences of not intervening;
• explore a best practice approach to managing the problem in the workplace;
• identify resources in the community to support individuals; and
• practice the approach through practice sessions